You are here: Help »
Example Workflows Tools » Workflow 3: View the effects of a list of 30 genes on Cell Viability from all genome-wide screen data within the database.
View the effects of a list of 30 genes on Cell Viability from all genome-wide screen data within the database
This is an example workflow for a user with a list of 30 interesting genes who wants to analyse whether any of the 30 genes show patterns of cell viability effects across different cell lines and conditions.
- Click the "Search" link in the main menu.
- Enter the following RefSeq IDs of the genes into the Genes: input box.
- Select the Cell Viability option within the search categories.
- Click Search
- The results show a heat map. Sort the heat map by Mean Rank Score by clicking the white square beneath the "Mean Rank Score" label.
- This orders genes by their average rank in terms of cell viability across all genome-wide data within the database.
- Download the PDF of the heat map for future reference, by clicking the "Save to PDF" button. When the PDF appears in the browser, click the save button and save for your records.